The commencement of “Shri Ramayan Express Train”, by IRCTC, from 7 Nov 2021 has marked up a gradual resumption of domestic tourism in India. Named as “Shri Ramayan Yatra” the Ramayan Express Train – Delhi is a special pilgrimage tour, launched in line with the ‘Dekho Apna Desh’ initiative of the Government of India, covering all the prominent and pious places associated with the life of Lord Shri Ram and Ramayan.
The Ramayan Express Trains launched by IRCTC is a special pilgrimage train, which started running on the Ramayan Circuit of India from 7 Nov 2021. Ramayan Circuit is the route across the length and breadth of India and neighboring countries, connecting all the sacred places related to Lord Shri Ram and The Ramayan.
When did the Shri Ramayan Express Train Started?
The first deluxe AC Tourist Train in line with the “Dekho Apna Desh” initiative, of the Government of India, under the format of “Shri Ramayan Yatra” by IRCTC, named as “Shri Ramayan Express Train – Delhi” on the Ramayan Circuit has been flagged off on 7 Nov 2021 from Safdarjung Railway Station, Delhi.
What is the importance of “Shri Ramayan Express Train?
Although there are various pilgrimage theme-based tourist trains by Indian railways that run on the Ramayan Circuit of India, still the Ramayan Express Train is unique, as it connects Delhi, the capital of India to the Ramayan Circuit. Moreover, being provided with a lot of boarding and deboarding places really makes the journey accessible to a lot more places around the capital city of India.
The train is said to cover, the most prominent destinations of the Ramayana circuit, such as Ayodhya, Nandigram, Sitamarhi, Janakpur, Varanasi, Prayag, Shringverpur, Chitrakoot, Nasik, Hampi, and Rameshwaram, after which the train heads back to Delhi.
Moreover, the train has been initiated in a time when tourism sector has hit bottom in last decade, which will not only reaccelerate the travel sector of the country but will also boost Domestic Tourism in an effective manner.
What are the Features of “Shri Ramayan Yatra Express Train?
Shri Ramayan Express/Yatra has been launched under the “Dekho Apna Desh” initiative by IRCTC in order to boost domestic tourism in India. “Shri Ramayana Express” is a deluxe AC tourist train with 10 coaches and a capacity of around 800 passengers. The coaches of the train are segregated into deluxe 1st AC and 2nd AC class respectively.
The deluxe AC tourist train boasts of several luxury features including fine dining restaurants, a modern kitchen, 2 separate lockers for tourists, a library, shower cubicles in coaches, sensor-based washroom functions, foot massager, and much more.
Keeping in mind the cultural ethics and spiritual aura of the journey, the food menu, served on the journey onboard and at the restaurants are kept strictly vegetarian.
Having a devotional aspect attached to it, the exterior and interior of the train are exquisitely designed on a Ramayan Theme, which feels like Temple on wheels.
How many days of the journey does Shri Ramayan Yatra Express provide?
The journey of “Shri Ramayan Yatra – Delhi” is of 19 Nights/ 20 Days duration. However, the duration of the journey may change accordingly.
What is Shri Ramayan Express Train ticket price (per person), for a journey?
As per IRCTC, there will be a variety of packages available for the Shri Ramayana Yatra pilgrimage tour with a variation in the number of days of the journey, according to which the tour charges may differ. However, till now, the Ramayan Express Train fare (Shri Ramayan Yatra Express-Delhi journey package) has been announced to be Rs.137975/- per person for 1st AC and Rs 115715/- per person for 2nd AC class.
The Package Price covers train Journey in AC classes, Accommodation in AC Hotels, all meals (VEG ONLY), all transfers and sightseeing in AC Vehicles, travel insurance and services of IRCTC Tour Managers, etc.
Note: The package fare and the number of days of the journey may vary accordingly.
What is Shri Ramayan Express Train Route?
The 19 days journey of Shri Ramayan Express Train from Delhi will be covered through the following route:
Safdarjung Delhi – Ayodhya – Sitamarhi – Varanasi – Prayagraj – Shrivengpur – Chitrakoot – Nasik – Hampi – Rameshwaram – Kanchipuram – Bhadrachalam and then back to Delhi.
All the major sacred places associated with the journey will be covered by road through an AC luxury bus.
From where (Stations) can we board Shri Ramayan Yatra Express Train?
In order to make the journey of Shri Ramayan Yatra more widespread and easily accessible for people, IRCTC has provided various boarding and de-boarding places for passengers. While booking the train, passengers can check Shri Ramayan Express Train running status and schedule according to which they can choose their boarding and de-boarding stations.
The boarding places/stations for the journey of Shri Ramayan Yatra Express – Delhi are- Safdarjung Delhi and Ghaziabad
The deboarding places of Shri Ramayan Yatra Express – Delhi are- Agra Cantt and Safdarjung Delhi.
What is included and excluded in this journey by IRCTC?
Package Inclusions: Shri Ramayan Yatra Express Train is a deluxe AC tourist train specially designed for providing the most regal experience while traveling. Here are some of the major features included in the package-
- The coaches of the train are well segmented into 1st AC and 2nd AC classes respectively.
- In the tour itineraries of 19N/20D, 9 nights of the stay will be provided in the AC accommodation (Hotels). The accommodation of the rest of the 10 nights as per the itinerary will be provided in the respective rail coaches, during the overnight train journey.
- Shri Ramayan Yatra Express comprises of fine dining restaurants, providing the freshest meals with utmost cleanliness. The meals on board will be served at the rail restaurants only. The menu served at the journey onboard and at the restaurant/hotels outside is strictly vegetarian.
- All the sightseeing and transfers via road will be done in AC Coaches(Luxury Bus)/Tempo Travellers.
- Travel Insurance for the passengers.
- IRCTC tour manager will be traveling with the tour, for any assistance required throughout the journey.
- Security guards will be present for additional security.
- All applicable Taxes.
Package Exclusions: Likewise package inclusions some exclusions in the package are also a part of the journey which needs to be cleared initially for reducing any inconvenience. These are:
- Meals are preset for the menu which will not be changed. Passengers have to choose anything from the menu only.
- Any room service in the journey or in the hotel will be chargeable.
- Cost of sightseeing, entrance fees at sites, and local guide fee, etc. are not included in the itinerary.
- Local transfers (like Auto, E rickshaws, and others) except the transfers provided by the train will not come under package price.
- Tips to drivers, waiters, guides, representatives, etc. are also excluded and don’t include in the package.
- Any personal expenses like laundry charges, mineral water, food & drinks are not on the regular menu.
- Anything which is not specifically mentioned.
What are the major destinations to be covered in Shri Ramayan Express Route?
The Whole journey of Shri Ramayan Express Train, on the Ramayan Circuit is estimated to be around 7500 km. The main destinations to be covered in the Ramayan Express route are as follows:
Ayodhya: Shri Ram Janmbhoomi temple, Hanuman Garhi, Evening darshan at Saryu ghat.
Nandigram: Bharat-Hanuman Temple and Bharat Kund
Sitamarhi: Janaki Mandir at Sitamarhi and Punaura Dham.
Janakpur: Shri Ram-Janki Mandir at Janakpur, Nepal
Buxar: Shri Ram Rekha Ghat, Bhrameshwar Nath Temple, Shri Bihariji Temple.
Varanasi: Shri Tulsi Manas Temple, Sankat Mochan Hanuman Temple, Shri Vishwanath Temple & Darshan of evening Ganga Aarti.
Sita Samahit sthal, Sitamarhi: Sita Mata temple.
Prayagraj: Rishi Bharadwaj Ashram, Ganga-Yamuna Sangam, and Hanuman Temple at Sangam
Shringaverpur: Shringe Rishi Samadhi & Shanta Devi Temple, Ram Chaura.
Chitrakoot: Gupta Godavari, Ramghat, Sati Anusuiya Temple.
Nasik: Trayambkeshwar Temple, Panchvati, Sita Gufa, Kalaram Temple.
Hampi: Anjanadri Hill, Virupaksha Temple & Shri Vitthal Temple.
Rameshwaram: Ramnathswami Temple and Dhanushkodi.
Kanchipuram: Vishnu Kanchi, Shiva Kanchi and Kamakshi Amman Temple
Bhadrachalam: Sri Sitaram Swami Temple, Anjani Swami Temple
And then back to Delhi through the same route.
What are the major stoppages of Shri Ramayan Express Train – Delhi?
Starting from Safdarjung railway station of Delhi the main stoppage points of Shri Ramayan Express Train will be as follows:
- First Stoppage Point: Ayodhya (Uttar Pradesh)
- Second Stoppage Point: Sitamarhi (Bihar)
- Third Stoppage Point: Buxar (Bihar)
- Fourth Stoppage Point – Prayagraj (Uttar Pradesh)
- Fifth Stoppage Point – Chitrakoot (Madhya Pradesh)
- Sixth Stoppage Point – Nasik (Maharashtra)
- Seventh Stoppage Point – Hospate (Karnataka)
- Eight Stoppage Point – Rameshwaram (Tamilnadu)
- Night Stoppage: Kanchipuram (Tamilnadu)
- Tenth Stoppage: Bhadrachalam (Telangana)
After that, the Train will return to Delhi again from the same route.
From where/how can we book tickets (online) for Shri Ramayan Express Train journey (Shri Ramayan Express Train Booking Details)?
Ramayan Express Train booking is done through IRCTC online portal. The annual schedule of the Shri Ramayan Express Train is released on the IRCTC website from where you can select the dates and your journey accordingly.
In order to book the tickets for Shri Ramayan Yatra Express Delhi, you can directly click on the link below and go through the booking web page of IRCTC directly.
Note: Please restrain from booking tickets for Shri Ramayan Yatra Express Delhi from any other website, except IRCTC.
What are the prominent Safety and Security Measures taken on the journey?
In order to ensure Safe Travel, IRCTC, also provides Travel Safety Kit to passengers once they have boarded the Train. This Safety kit consists of a Sanitizer, face mask, and gloves.
- To ensure the safety of passengers COVID-19 full Vaccination is mandatory for Guests of age group 18 or above.
- Aadhar Card and Full COVID Vaccination Certificate are mandatory for boarding the Train.
Apart from physical safety the IRCTC also ensures the safety of your valuables, for which 2 separate lockers are provided at each berth for passengers.
The Train is also secured with properly installed CCTV security cameras and 2 Security guards for each coach, making the journey even more secure and safe.
*COVID Vaccination (Full dose) is mandatory for Guests of age group 18 or above.
Note: Itinerary is tentative and can be changed or modified as per conditions and the number of days of the journey. The final Timing & details of Shri Ramayan Yatra Express- Delhi will be based on the Train order received from the railways.